March 2016 Maiduguri bombings
Appearance
March 2016 Maiduguri bombings On 16 March 2016, two female suicide bombers, thought to be members of Boko Haram, killed 22 people worshiping at the Molai-Umarari mosque on the outskirts of Maiduguri, Nigeria. The first bomb detonated at around 5am as worshipers were beginning their early morning prayers.
Quotes said about March 2016 Maiduguri bombings
- "Do you know that among those in the mosque, only the chief imam survived on Wednesday, said resident Adam Modu. The second bomber had her back to a child when she exploded, blowing the kid into pieces, he said.
- "This is the spot where the first explosion went off," he said pointing to brown patches on the tarmac, where blood stains had been darkened by a layer of dust.
- “It is important to state that there was no casualty beyond the two suicide bombers. Presently, the troops and the Civilian JTF deployed in the village are now combing the general area to forestall further breach of security.”
- "They said since I refused to re-marry, I should take the bomb," she says.
